WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- Strictly necessary – essential to the operation of the website so that website visitors (you) can use its features – for example, log into secure areas, use shopping baskets or e-billing.
- Performance – collect information about your use of a website (such as which pages you visit) to help us improve our website. These cookies usually collect aggregated information which does not identify you.
- Functionality – allows the website to remember your choices (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and changes you make (such as text size) to provide enhanced, more personal features. They are also used to provide services you have asked for, such as commenting on a blog.
- Targeting – used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit how many times you see an advert and measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. These cookies, usually placed by advertising networks, remember when you have visited a website and share this information with others, such as advertisers.
You can find more information about cookies at https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en-US (a video), www.allaboutcookies.organd www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Please also see our https://newsx.media/privacy-policyis here.
DO COOKIES IDENTIFY YOU?
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally but merely recognise your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself, for example by registering with us, then you remain anonymous to us. Cookies come in two types: session-based and persistent:
- Session cookies exist during an internet session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser. We use persistent cookies that only we can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a website user or prior website user (as the case may be) and to track your use. We take care with security and confidentiality of information stored in persistent cookies. These cookies generally expire after 6 months.
HOW CAN I MANAGE COOKIES?
(1) Some cookies are strictly necessary for parts of the website to operate and have already been set. Some may be essential (such as shopping cart or to prevent fraud), whilst others relate to functionality. You may be able to delete and block cookies from the website but that means that some parts of the Website will not work. For information on blocking cookies refer to the instructions on your Browser which is often located under the “Tools” section. Help is also available athttp://www.allaboutcookies.org
(2) You can delete any cookies on your computer by referring to the instructions for your file management software and/or settings to locate the file or directory that stores cookies and delete it. Help is also available athttp://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
(1) Cookies are also used as part of advertising to deliver to you relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) and then to analyse how effective that content is.
(3) You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for to provide measurement services and target advertising. Help for you to exercise your choices is available at www.aboutads.info/
(1) If you have any queries about this Policy please email us email@example.com
(2) We aim to respond to any queries within 7 working days.
COOKIES WE USE ON THE WEBSITE
You can find information about most of the cookies we use from time to time in this section. However, whilst we try to provide you with up-to-date information this is a non-exhaustive list. Particularly, the third parties we work with may set cookies and whilst we have tried to identify these so you can opt out please email us if you have any queries.
This section contains some example which may apply to your website, but you will need to check what cookies are used or discuss them with your web developer.
These Cookies are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
Cookie What it does
Visitor ID A numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit
Page Number Identifies the page you are on
Session ID Identifies your website session
This section contains some examples which may apply to your website, but you will need check this and/or discuss what cookies are used with your web developer.
You do not have to list the specific examples/details for each cookie (see our Google Analytics example) but you may choose to do so.
Google Analytics Persistent & session cookies which analyse use of our website by storing cookies on a user’s computer. We receive reports about use. Google stores this information – For information and contact details see www.google.com/privacypolicy.html
_utma Session cookie which anonymously identifies each user so we can identify how many different people visit over time – expires after 2 years
_utmb Session cookie, which together with _utmc, identifies each unique visit to the and
_utmc website and calculates visit length – expires after 30 minutes of inactivity
_utmz Session cookie which calculates search engine traffic, ad campaigns or email link. Expires 6 months from set/update
Opt out of Google Analytics cookies athttps://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google We use Google Remarketing tomarket products and services we think may be of
Remarketing interest to you. You may see our adverts on Google’s Display Advertising Network or partner websites and Google’s own search results pages. Our aim is to carefully select the products and services we remarket to you based on the pages you have visited on our website.
Opt out of Google personalised ads – https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB
Facebook Persistent & session cookies which obtains information regarding the activities that users engage in whilst using our web pages. For information, contact details and to find out, visit https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/